samedi 27 avril 2013

Click + Listen #49 : ELAINE LACHICA

ELAINE LACHICA (US)
From Brooklyn, NYC, US
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Bandcamp
"Hailing from Brooklyn, Elaine Lachica's LP 'I think I can see the ocean' lies somewhere between dream pop, indie rock and shoegaze. Featuring 'Rapture', 'Clearing', and 'Tumbleweed', the album contains florid passages and intricate vocal arrangements which often stand in contrast to guitars that churn in dissonant counterpoint. Produced by Kieran Kelly (Will Stratton) and Elaine Lachica and featuring Rob Moose (Bon Iver)."
"I Think I Can See The Ocean" (July 2012)

Elaine Lachica is a singer songwriter from NYC, US. She describes her music as "indie-rock meets art song". The 14 songs from her third and last album "I Think I Can See The Ocean" perfectly shows her beautiful voice alongside melodies that make your mind travel. I particularly like "Jinx The Line", "Bewilder", "Behind My Mind", "Hold On Fire", "Never Fade", "Imperfect". Her songs sometimes remind me of songs by Kacey Johansing and "April Train" makes me think of Mia Doi Todd.

"Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Elaine began studying piano, violin and singing at age 3. Elaine studied voice at the Peabody Conservatory of Music and the Royal College of Music in London. A critically acclaimed soprano, she has performed as a soprano soloist for the New York Collegium, Les Voix Humaines, Waverly Consort, Biava String Quartet, Rebel Baroque Orchestra and at the Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center and the Montreal Baroque Festival."

Discover other great artists on the CLICK+LISTEN series.
[27th April 2013 : edit of the post of 25th July 2011]