mardi 29 novembre 2011

Click + Listen #22 : THE EAMES ERA

THE EAMES ERA (US)
From Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US
Youtube / Bio and discography on Wikipedia / No more website
/  former band, 2002 - 2008 /


The Eames Era - Could Be Anything

The Eames Era was the first band that I put on my list of my favorite indie bands when I started to be interested in music in 2007-early 2008. I don't know why I waited that long to only mention them now. Unfortunately, this band split in April 2008, but I still love all their songs and albums.

They only released 2 albums and 1 EP, I like the 3 of them. You might find them somewhere online, like here on Deezer, or by searching "The Eames Era" on Spotify, or buy the albums if you can find them !
- The Second EP (2004), released on C Student Records
- Double Dutch (2005), released on C Student Records
- Heroes + Sheroes (2007), self-released
 
Even if they are no more, I'd like to mention them here. They're in a way one of the reasons why I started this blog. I remembered that I wished to see them in concerts at least once in my life. I then realized that every band needs support from the audience, even little support like talking about them in a conversation with your friends. That made me want to support bands that I really love, mention them somewhere and see them live before it's too late, before they separate, before their last concert. Hence Amazinglyblog. But then it's up to the band members to decide what to do of their career and when. I notice that there are artists who don't give any news or gave up releasing new songs for whatever reason. And that's sad for a fan. It's like leaving an old friend, don't you think ?

So, how did I discover this band ? A few years ago, in 2005 or 2006, some of my university mates watched many American TV series. I began to watch Grey's Anatomy on TV (ahem, yay, there was nothing else to watch on TV), and I found the soundtrack/OST more interesting than the series itself. I gave up following the episodes and I started to discover the soundtrack which featured many good artists. And I discovered the song "Could Be Anything" by The Eames Era and wanted to discover more of their songs.
Two of the members now play in the band called Generationals, which is also part of my favorite bands.


The Eames Era - Watson On Your Side



There were two great live sessions + interviews on former Woxy in 2006 and 2007, but the site closed down...

Discover other great artists on the CLICK+LISTEN series.